Grab your partners and your tartans and buy your tickets now for the 2016 BC Highland Games & Scottish Festival. The Games will be held at Percy Perry Stadium in Coquitlam on Friday and Saturday, June 17 & 18.
The region’s best bagpipers, drummers, pipe bands, highland dancers & Scottish heavy event athletes will be competing for top honours. But, there’s plenty more to see, including:
- British & Scottish food & cars,
- Celtic vendors and Clan tents
- expanded whisky school for both aficionados and beginners,
- a “Harry Potter” Quidditch (& Kidditch) match,
- children’s activities including golf, swing rides, bouncy castle and face painting
- great live entertainment on the field, in the beer garden and a moveable-feast of activities.
Start the Games off with a taste of the classical music of the pipes. On Friday evening, the Pacific Northwest’s best pipers compete in pìobaireachd – the “big” music of the pipes. Be surrounded by the mesmerizing music of old Scotland while enjoying a peaty Highland malt and the atmosphere of the Highlands in our new Highland Pavilion home.
Bring your whole family to enjoy a great day celebrating your Scottish or Celtic heritage. Tickets are available now (online here) in advance, or at the gate on Friday and Saturday.
Massed Pipe Bands
The sound of the massed pipes and drums will fill Percy Perry Stadium twice on Saturday – once at 12:30 pm and again at 4:45 pm following a grand finale of the best pipers, dancers and musicians. Get ready!
Volunteer for the Day
Want to be part of the Highland Games? Join our volunteer corps for a true experience of a Scottish highland games. Contact our volunteer coordinator Leslie Neill for details.