A highland games and Scottish festival is a moveable feast of music, competition, dancing and athleticism taking place all day long, often at the same time. With a festival spread over an entire outdoor stadium, it takes a lot of volunteer-fuel.
That’s where you come in.
If you want to be part of one of the best highland games in Western Canada, join us for a day. In exchange for four hours (or more) we’ll give you a cool Highland Games tee-shirt, free entry and a “Pint and Pie” at the end of the day during our volunteer appreciation event in, or near, the beer garden.
We’re looking for help in the following areas:
- Gate/entry (we have a new system this year and more volunteers are required starting at 8am)
- Beer garden: selling drink tickets, keeping things tidy, helping out where needed
- Heavy events: working with our heavy event athletes to run an amazing competition
- Quidditch (& Kidditch) coordinator(s)
- Children’s activities (including the Haggis Hunt). Love children? This is the place to help out.
- Games Info Tent: making sure people are heading in the right direction, or just helping out